The CEO of Prime Meridian Capital Managements gives his thoughts on marketplace lending today and what investors need to know.
There are a small number of institutional investors that have been investing in marketplace lending for more than five years. They have seen the ups and downs of the industry, some have closed down while others have thrived.
Our next guest on the Lend Academy Podcast is Don Davis, the CEO of Prime Meridian Capital Management. His company is one of the few that have thrived throughout the last couple of turbulent years in the industry. We first had Don on the show in Podcast 13 back in April, 2014. He has returned to give an update on what he has learned and how his company has continued to grow.
In this podcast you will learn:
- When marketplace lending first got on Don’s radar.
- Why he decided to start Prime Meridian.
- How his offerings have expanded from one product to four.
- The total AUM they are at today.
- Who their typical investor is today and how that has changed over the years.
- How his conversations with investors have changed.
- What investors misunderstand about the space today.
- What platforms his company is investing on today.
- How they conduct due diligence on new platforms.
- Don’s views on why some of platforms have failed.
- How the investor pullback of 2016 affected Prime Meridian.
- The state of the marketplace lending industry today.
- What areas Don likes most and what he likes least.
- The only two things that matter for marketplace lending platforms.
- How he has been able to grow his company so quickly.
- What’s next for Prime Meridian.